Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cape Town | Madame Zingara

A few days before we head off for Cape Town, my cousin Bernice asks if my sister and I would be interested in attending Madame Zingara (I had no idea what it was for a looong time). My sister - Hamida - said that we should go coz she heard about it and it sounded very promising (me still blank).

So we got all dressed and ready for the show, I luckily packed my blue dressed in when I left home looong before I heard about the show.

There are no words to describe the show, the food and the creativity that went into this work of art. The show has been in South Africa for over a year and will still be showing in Cape Town until the 14th January then they leave for JHB.

Let me set the scene, when you enter the place you are greeted by a very friendly man who asks for your booking reference, you are then offered welcome drinks (alcoholic & non-alcoholic), there's a man on stilts who is dressed like a giraffe, there's a huge carriage that you can take pictures in. You then enter the first tent and there are men dressed up like mummy's and ladies walking around serving drinks, chocolates all over the place which you are welcome to have and to your left is a place where you can buy Madame Zingara make up, wigs, hats, t-shirts as well as an option to have your face painted (which we obviously done).

In the main tent the set up is much like a restaurant with booths and tables around the main stage. The food was a 4 course meal, I can't quite remember the name of what I had but it was second to none! The option I chose for main course was steak with a chocolate chilli sauce which was absolutely divine! The performances were amazing! With entertainers doing acrobatics, drummers, singers & a trapeze artist.

Ok ok, I know you want to see the pictures so scroll on down and see what we got up too, the pictures are very clear (I didn't take my camera with) but its Samsung ;)

Outside the show 
 
Bernice and the mummy                                          My face painting
 Face painted - four cousins
 Inside
 
 
 The table décor                                                                Starters
  
Dessert                                                                   Madam "Z" in chocolate

Smiling with Mark Lottering 
 Big smiles with "Errol" from 7de Laan
Outside as we leaving the venue 
Posing with "M" "Z"


No comments: