Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pre School Pictures

Last year I took Pre School Pictures at Crafty kids, it was an awesome experience. This year I get to cover 3 Pre Schools, even though I dont get to meet the kids parents I try to make sure that the pictures that they receive are picture that they cherish and are proud of. But most importantly I try to capture a moment in time where the kids will look back at the pictures and have their school or part of it in the background. I dont believe in having a plain canvas as a background. I mean what purpose does that serve. The kids should be able to look at their pictures in 10, 15, 30 years time and be able to say "hey I remember that jungle gym" or "hey, come see here kids. This was the pre school I went to and my fondest memories are..."

When taking pictures at pre schools, patience is of the utter most importance because you will find that some kids are camera shy where and some are not willing to smile whereas others are ever ready to say "cheese" and when I say "now give me a big smile" or "smile" then they say "smile" lol. Its cute. Theres honestly never a dull moment when dealing with pre school kids.

I have been asked to take pictures of schools at large but I have decided to put that on hold until next year. Its not that I dont feel that I can handle the challenge, its just that I want to be completely prepared for it, equipment, assistance etc.

So here's the tip for the week: take pictures of your kids, capture as many moments of their lives as you can so that when it comes to school pictures they completely comfortable and you will receive amazing pictures :)

No comments: