Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Plaza Promo Photo shoot

When I initially decided I want to become a photographer I didn't even think of having a studio, for me I just wanted to pictures of things other than my (then) nature pictures.

I opened a mini studio in my room last year December, just the basic - 2 backgrounds; white and black... clothes! Anyway from then I got my huge white & white backgrounds fully fitted to take a picture of max 16 people! I'm totally thrilled about that! lol. I even got my umbrella and flash - SB900 for my Nikon cam. Hopefully I will be expanding in April and moving to a new area to take studio pictures on a more regular basis. I wont say to much about that right now until I have completed it and its really to be shown off ;)

So here I was taking my first really huge studio photo-shoot with about 15 people! Lolo approached me in January this year and told me that he has this huge idea of how he wants to make more things happen at the Plaza (our local shopping centre in Mthatha) and his plan was to go all out for Valentines Day. So there we were doing a photoshoot with all these girls (drama queens) and guys (charmers). It was pretty fun, I think everyone had a good time and we got a lot of work done.

The whole point of this photoshoot was to get pictures for the banners and poster that were made to place up around the plaza and else where.

The pictures can be seen on my photography fan page on facebook http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=52112&id=138756376153287


No comments: