Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sozombile Wedding | 2 March 2013

Manono and Lundikazi's wedding was 30km's out of Mthatha, at a village called Tabase. I love weddings in villages and rural areas, having been born in the Eastern Cape and growing up in the Transkei I've learned how to speak Xhosa... fluently, I'd like to believe. So whenever I arrive in the rural areas/villages, I'm generally received by one of the brides family members who will make me feel right at home as she takes me to where the bride is getting ready. I always make sure I greet the elders with the utmost respect in Xhosa, calling them mama or tata and sisi where need be lol. Which has sometimes gotten me into some trouble with some elders because then I have them wanting to arrange a marriage between me and some grandson lol.

Anyway, upon my arrival, Lundi's family had met me at the entrance to their family home and had taken me to the room where Lundi was to get ready, I was offered uluso (insides) which I had to turn down but rather asked for water so I didn't seem disrespectful for refusing what they had offered. In comes Lundi, my bride, totally relaxed but wants to just get into her dress and meet her husband to be (Manono) at the alter. Bride got ready and off we went to the church where the ceremony was to take place, after that was back to Lundi's home where they had set up a tent for the reception. I was really sad though that we never got a chance to take any formal photographs in the garden which we had planned to do so. We had to settle for the tent and try out best to get some awesome looking photographers, which we did :) Below are a few photos of Mr & Mrs Sozombile's wedding... enjoy!

 
The lovely bride getting ready for her big day


Lundi and her bridesmaids


Lundi and Manono walking in at the church ceremony


The wedding cakes... stunning idea


Grooms first look at his bride                    the bridal couple                     the bride looking shy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!!!

We just want to take the time to thank you once again for doing such a wonderful job with our wedding photos. We knew we had the best photographer from the second we hired you, when we saw the pictures **teary-eyed**....it confirmed you were the best!

When a bride & a groom can look at their photos and feel the same emotions as their wedding day, it is incredible.

Words cannot ever express our gratitude towards you. I felt like we were the only couple you had ever photographed, because you dedicated every second of that day to us and to our families.

As much as we didn't get the chance to take any formal photographs at the garden as we planned to – we are speechless at the quality and creativity of your work!

Thanks again for leaving us with such amazing photos of our wedding day that we will cherish forever!!!

Thank you Ayesha

Love
Buhle & Big Guy (known as Lundikazi & Manono)